Thursday, July 1, 2010

No, Strasburg's Not An All-Star

I must say I disagree with Cadeza's post about Stephen Strasburg and the All-Star game. I don't think he should play in the All-Star game period because I don't think he deserves to play. Theoretically speaking, the All-Star game is about bringing together the best players in each league from that year to find which league is better and, therefore, which league gets home field advantage for the World Series. It's not about the hottest players, but the best players. I realize not all the players who make the All-Star team deserve to go. However, whether the fans treat it as such or not, the All-Star game is reserved for the best of the best of that specific season. As of the All-Star break, Strasburg will have made only about one third the number of starts made by, say, Giants starters Matt Cain. I don't think that length of time, however well he pitched, merits an appearance in the All-Star game.

On the other hand, what do I know about All-Star games? I voted for Mark Teixeira and David Eckstein.

Hlava
6-4-3 dvojity hrat. Micova hra pres! Yankees vyhrat! Tyyyyyyy Yankees vyhrat!

3 comments:

  1. I tend to agree with Cabeza although both sides of the argument have their merit. If Strasburg were to be picked it would be interesting to know whose place he took.

    Cheers

    Germankee

    P.S. I do not agree with Cabeza's Spanish grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We knew you would find any grammatical errors in that post!
    -Hydra

    ReplyDelete
  3. We fixed the grammatical errors. We think.

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be approved by Hydra before they are published. Please refrain from using foul language. You may disagree with us or another commenter, but overtly hostile posts will not be published. Thank you.